Dominica made its citizenship by investment program more attractive without cutting donation or investment requirements.
What does it mean?
On June 24, the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica altered and expanded the definition of 'dependant'. The recent changes allow you as the main applicant to add adult children, parents, grandparents, and siblings previously not allowed.
You can now include a child aged 18 to 30 who does not need to be attending a higher learning institution or living with you. Under the new rules, it is enough to demonstrate that you support the child. Similarly, parents and grandparents of you or your spouse can also be included without any restrictions.
Significantly, the Government introduced a new 'sibling' category. What does it mean? Biological or legally adopted siblings, who are 18 or older, single, and childless can qualify for citizenship.
The Government now also allows children born – and spouses married – AFTER you receive citizenship to become citizens of Dominica. These provisions are valid for you and your dependants alike. For example, your son, who then marries a non-Dominican citizen, his wife can apply for citizenship as well. Previously, there were significant limitations on new-born children and no clear provisions on new spouses.
Finally, the Government also simplified the addition of other family members that could have been included as dependants in the original application.
All dependants aged 16 or over must first pass the due diligence checks. Main applicants must repeat them, along with any new dependant other than a new-born child, if a calendar year has passed since the date of their original submission.
"The changes we are announcing are exciting. They are meant to accelerate family reunification in a world where togetherness, and the right to all be able to live in a safe, stable, and welcoming environment is more important than ever,"
commented Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit.
The Dominica citizenship offers numerous benefits, including the following:
- Quick and Confidential Processing of Applications
- Lifetime Citizenship that can be passed on to future generations
- Full Residence Status including the right to live and work in Dominica
- No Residency Requirement before or after the grant of citizenship
- Visa-Free Travel to 119 countries including the United Kingdom, European Union Schengen and Caribbean countries, Hong Kong, Singapore and many others worldwide
- Dual citizenship is permitted, so applicants are not required to renounce their existing citizenship
- No Taxation in respect of wealth, foreign income, capital gains, gifts and inheritances
- Asset Management and Protection through special purpose vehicles such as offshore companies
If you want to take the chance of above benefits, you should act immediately. You may find the details of Dominica Citizenship by Investment here.